Friday, March 8, 2013

Inked

 
 
This year I will be turning 28 years old. I have four children and no, I have never gotten a tattoo, until now. Tattoos are for life and I never wanted to get something I regretted permanently inked onto my body. Honestly, I never even thought I would actually get one. The only thing I would ever get on me would be my children and things that I stand for. Once I found out Journey was diagnosed with Down Syndrome, I instantly became an advocate for Down Syndrome. Once I found the Precious Journey butterfly I knew that would be a perfect way to represent both my beautiful son and show awareness for something I stand so strongly about, Down Syndrome.
 
This picture I think just completely represents life in general and the love I hold for my son. As I hold him so close he looks down at my new art and he just knows that I am always going to stand for him. I am always going to do everything in my power to make him succeed and live a happy life.
 
I chose the butterfly as my first tattoo for many reasons. 1, I use it to represent Precious Journey to promote Down Syndrome Awareness. 2, It's simply just beautiful and presents the blue and yellow ribbon perfectly and shows exactly what I represent. 3, the Journey of a butterfly is a challenging one and butterflies are often under appreciated for the beauty they add to they world and just like children and adults with Down Syndrome, they make the world more beautiful.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment